Monday, May 26, 2008

Congressional Candidate Bowen to hold Fundraiser

Gerard Bowen, Jr, a candidate for the Republican nomination in the race for 4th district congressman, will be holding a fundraiser on June 14th.
I ordinarily would not publicize a political fundraiser, but in this case I will make an exception. This is not to say that I will support Mr. Bowen - I fully intend to support the Democrat. Paul Carmouche will likely be that candidate, although I would be very comfortable with John Milkovich. The Republicans have had their turn and have failed miserably.
If I were going to support a Republican, however, it probably would be this one.
Chris Gorman has raised a lot of money and is running an effective campaign. Dr. John Fleming of Minden is also pushing hard, and has deep pockets. Jeff Thompson has Jim McCrery's blessing and should benefit financially in a big way.
This brings us to Bowen, who has virtually no institutional support. This is his biggest asset as far as I am concerned. While he faces an uphill battle, I believe that if he generates enough grassroots support he could possibly emerge in a runoff.

From Bowen's website:


FUNDRAISER ANNOUNCED
You’ll notice I’m not charging hundreds of dollars per plate like most politicians do. I need contributions, but I refuse to alienate the very people that I am trying to represent. To buy tickets with a check, mail check to:
Gerard J. Bowen Jr. for CongressPO Box 5453Bossier City, LA 71171-5453• write “Ming Fundraiser” on check memo lineORFor Credit/Debit Card orders contact me by e-mail at gerard@electbowenjr.com

What:Gerard J. Bowen Jr. for CongressFUND-RAISING DINNER
Where:Ming Garden1250 Shreveport-Barksdale Hwy.
When:June 14, 20085:00 pm
How Much:$40 / individual$70 / couple

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rules of the road:
1. No personal attacks or insults.
2. No accustory statements about wrongdoing or criminal acts against anyone.
3. Say all you want about the pros and cons concerning the candidates and the issues, or the general subject of the blog post, just follow Rule #1 and Rule #2.