Sunday, July 12, 2009

A few blogs you may enjoy

I link to a lot of blogs of all different political persuasions. I also link to blogs that are just funny and outrageous. My criteria in linking is whether or not I believe that the readers of My Bossier would enjoy some of these blogs.
Most of the blogs I link to are in Louisiana. I may look at including more national sites.
Mostly Cajun, All American and Opinionated gives us zen teachings and Laws. I really like this blog. This guy can be cranky and is somewhat a smartass. Sorta reminds me of . . . . me. Suspect Device believes that most U. S. Senators are assholes. That’s hard to disagree with.
The Louisiana Conservative is lamenting Obama’s Cruel and Unjust War.
I encourage you to read Margaret and Helen. That really is them in the picture in the header of the blog. If you are conservative, they will probably offend your sensibilities.
Todd bucks the local blogosphere and speaks out with his views on healthcare. Don’t miss Gerry May, the news anchor at KTBS in Shreveport. Gerry has a very active bunch of commenters.
Kiss My Gumbo is written by Greta Perry, the self-styled Princess of Positive. She’s a hoot. Your Right Hand Thief comments on the election of Audra Shay as chair of the Young Republicans.
Conservative Drink has received a lot of national attention after producing tapes of Shreveport Mayor Cedric Glover telling a citizen that when the police stop you, your rights are suspended. Conservatism in Exile comments on that issue.
There is something in the water in Alexandria that produces prolific bloggers. Some of them get a little cross with each other at times, but I think that only improves their product. Check out We Saw That, Alex Cenla's Rants & Ravings, Central La. Politics and Cenlamar.
Stuff Cajun People Like is self explanatory.
Bayou Perspective is written by Josh Delano, a Louisiana native who is attending school in Houston. Josh appears on Jeff Crouere’s radio show in New Orleans on a regular basis.
The Norla Blog and The Old River Road are on vacation. They are apparently smarter than the rest of us.
For some reflection and inspiration, check out My God's Been Good.
Last, but not at all least, is our friend across the river, Pat Austin at And So it goes in Shreveport, from whom I shamelessly stole this idea of a roundup of blogs and blog news.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention. Yours and Gerry's blogs are the 2 that I follow mostly. I just found yours and have enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the plug! Woop Woop!

    ReplyDelete

Rules of the road:
1. No personal attacks or insults.
2. No accustory statements about wrongdoing or criminal acts against anyone.
3. Say all you want about the pros and cons concerning the candidates and the issues, or the general subject of the blog post, just follow Rule #1 and Rule #2.