Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Drownings shock the nation

Two sets of siblings, three from each family.
Takeitha Warner - 13 years old
JaMarcus Warner - 14 years old
Litrelle Stewart - 18 years old
Latevin Stewart - 15 years old
LaDairus Stewart - 17 years old
JaTavious Warner - 17 years old
It is impossible to imagine what these families are going through right now.  I sincerely hope that all of our love, prayers and best wishes are with them.
I asked Shreveport City Councilman Calvin Ben Lester, Jr. for his thoughts on the drownings.  This is what he had to say.
As with many others in the area, my heart burns for the family of those affected by the 6 tragic deaths of the young people last evening. As a parent, my first thought was for the safety of my own children and I can't imagine or fathom the depth of the despair being felt by those parents. I pray GODs blessing and especially his mercy on the parents and family members. I want to personally thank all those who have reached out to offer condolences and to those who are donating to the fund for the children's services. This should serve as a reminder to all of us that no matter the background, there are many things that we all share, primarily, the love of family and cherishing our children.

1 comment:

  1. My heart goes out to all the families and friends affected by this tragedy!!!

    ReplyDelete

Rules of the road:
1. No personal attacks or insults.
2. No accustory statements about wrongdoing or criminal acts against anyone.
3. Say all you want about the pros and cons concerning the candidates and the issues, or the general subject of the blog post, just follow Rule #1 and Rule #2.