Sunday, September 14, 2014

Tammy Armer Smith, School Board District 3

 For the last eight years, it has been my sincere honor to serve as your Bossier Parish School Board representative for District 4.  To give you a snapshot of what has been accomplished while serving as a Bossier Parish School Board member, we were cited among the top 10 districts in the state; number one for highly effective teachers; and while President of the Board in 2012, voters approved a $210 million bond issue (the largest in parish history) to build new schools and address growth. A Memorandum of Understanding was signed with Barksdale Air Force Base to provide school of choice and a Military Student Transition Consultant.  A renewal of property taxes in 2013 also enabled the board to grant across-the-board pay raises for teachers and support personnel, as well as allowed for placement of School Resource Officers (SRO’s) in all schools.  
 I have been and will remain committed to the students, their families and the employees of Bossier Schools, as well as responsible to the citizens of our great parish. As a product of Bossier Schools and now mother of four children, I have a vested interest in ensuring our district continues to provide students the best education and most opportunities. This also means backing our teachers and giving them the support and professional development needed to excel in the classroom and engage young learners.
 As a Bossier businesswoman,  I understand the strain on small business and the impact of changes to property and sales taxes.   I also understand the need for workforce readiness and the benefits these employees will offer local businesses. I am excited about offering business employment solutions with the opening of the Bossier Parish School for Technology and Innovative Learning in fall 2015. It promises many opportunities to benefit both our students and local business industry. 
 My record is one of proven leadership, dedication and fiscal responsibility.  I look forward to continuing my service to the citizens of District 3. Due to the 2010 Census, reapportionment moved my physical address into District 3 from District 4.  Although my district has changed, my passion to have an impact on our educational system has not.  It is my desire to continue making positive changes for the future, which is why I am asking for your support as I seek re-election November 4, 2014.

I am accessible to you at 318-965-9839, Email:  Smithswb@aol.com  Facebook:  Tammy Armer Smith

Visit my website to learn more:  www.Tammyarmersmith.com


If you are a candidate for office and would like to address the voters with your platform for office, please send a few paragraphs to mybossier@gmail.com and we will publish it.  Attach a picture if you like and we’ll include it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rules of the road:
1. No personal attacks or insults.
2. No accustory statements about wrongdoing or criminal acts against anyone.
3. Say all you want about the pros and cons concerning the candidates and the issues, or the general subject of the blog post, just follow Rule #1 and Rule #2.