Thursday, August 4, 2011

Elections 2011: Endorsements

I'm going to go ahead in the next few days and put in my 2 cents worth about a couple of the local races.
I was going to wait until qualifying in September, but there are 2 or 3 candidates that I have decided to support, so I'll do the first one this weekend.
This doesn't mean that I won't publish anything that their opponent desires to put on My Bossier.  I made the promise that anyone running for office can email me information and I will be glad to publish it.  That offer stands.
I know I don't have to encourage you all to comment on my choices; the readers of My Bossier are prolific commenters.
I'll go further than that.  If any of you feel strongly against my choices, and want to write an endorsement for your guy, I will publish it.
Of course, you will have to be willing to put your name to it.
A couple of these races are going to get pretty nasty, so batten down the hatches and get ready for a ride!

10 comments:

  1. You should probably wait until the qualifying date. The field is still shaping up. You never know who could enter in on the last minute. I've known candidates who wait till the very day of the qualifying to actually announce their intentions. IMO, wait until all the candidates have DEFINITELY filled out the qualifying forms so you know exactly who is in and who is out. Some people may drop out...you never know.

    -- Bossier Democrat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I disagree, that's no fun! Get em Jim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bossier Dem, that was my originial intent, but I know of at least two races that I will go ahead and discuss. The candidates aren't going to drop out and it doesn't really matter who else qualifies, I am decided.
    I hope I don't eat my words, if I have to you can serve up the first plateful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't see things changing much. If someone tried to jump in now they would be way behind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jim,
    I like how you give us a heads up. Can't wait for the fireworks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My guesses on Jim's opinion based on all his blogging....Whittington(sign in your yard...freebie on that one) Jackson with holding your nose, Duke because you admire his endurance in the heat, Bobby with a smile...how am i doing so far..lol....not my choices all of them but some of them...may the best win for the best to our area...

    ReplyDelete
  7. The suspense is killing me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know that Whittington is a good man. I also know that he will be the next sheriff but I do not believe that he is the best choice. Anyone that was trained by Deen can be expected to govern like Deen. Under Deen some people are exempt from being arrested if they happen to be friends with him. I expect the same from Whittington. Everyone should be equal in the eyes of the law.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh okay, thanks for the clarification Jim. I was just looking out for you. But you're right, once your mind is made up, its made up, right?

    -- Bossier Democrat

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you should wait until after qualifying to make an endorsement. You never know who's going to pop up and run. And, it's never too late for a dark horse to shake things up.

    ReplyDelete

Rules of the road:
1. No personal attacks or insults.
2. No accustory statements about wrongdoing or criminal acts against anyone.
3. Say all you want about the pros and cons concerning the candidates and the issues, or the general subject of the blog post, just follow Rule #1 and Rule #2.