Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Bossier School Board: Plans under consideration

I told a couple of commenters that I would follow up and attempt to find out what priorities, if any, have been set for use of the proposed bond money.
I emailed Sonja Bailes and received a very prompt reply.  Rather than paraphrasing what she said, I will just print it verbatim. 
1. I am glad that the 5% salary increase for teachers in included.
2. Remember, the meetings are public.

Mr. Wells,
I am attaching the latest "options" plan from the architect with SGB/Yates that the board is considering as part of the bond proposition. Let me emphasize that the board has not adopted a plan as of yet, only the resolution to bring it forth to voters in April which I am also attaching. The proposed construction plan will be taken up again at tomorrow’s school board meeting at 6 p.m. at Central Office in Benton.
May I also point out that the bond proposition is a continuation of what we are now operating under. It will not cost taxpayers in Bossier Parish one penny more than what they are already paying.
There will also be two tax propositions on the ballot seeking a $3 million recurring technology fund, something that Bossier Schools does not have right now but greatly needs. We will also ask the citizens of Bossier Parish to support our educators and faculty by approving a 5% salary increase. If I can be of further assistance please let me know.
Sonja Bailes
Public Relations Liaison
Bossier Parish School Board

ATTACHMENT

2 comments:

  1. Doesn't the $35,000,000 in the BEEF fund that Foster Campbell set up a Technology Fund. The interest on the BEEF fund is supposed to be used for technology I believe. You may want to check that out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point. It was set up for educational enhancements, not to be used for salaries, etc.
    I'll get into it some more, thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Rules of the road:
1. No personal attacks or insults.
2. No accustory statements about wrongdoing or criminal acts against anyone.
3. Say all you want about the pros and cons concerning the candidates and the issues, or the general subject of the blog post, just follow Rule #1 and Rule #2.