Monday, January 17, 2011

Cheek to Cheek

Sometime in the mid-80's I got a Taco tape from my son.  "Dad, you'll like his music."  He was right, I did - and still do.  Born in Indonesia, he currently lives in Germany.  At age 55 he's still going strong.
Although his biggest hit in the U.S. was Puttin' on the Ritz, I decided to give you the old Fred Astaire favorite, Cheek to Cheek.


OFFICIAL BIOGRAPHY
Born on July 21, 1955 in Djakarta/Indonesia, Taco spent his childhood in the Netherlands, U.S.A., Singapore, Luxembourg, Belgium and Germany, visited everywhere the "International Schools Of America" and graduated 1973. Studied interior decoration and finished acting school in Hamburg!
Lead roles in numerous school productions: "You're A Good Man Charly Brown", "Carousell", "The Fantasticks", "Fiddler On The Roof", etc.
Read the complete biography on his official YouTube channel.

5 comments:

  1. Awful. My ears are actually screaming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man I love it. The guy has a great voice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang, Matt! Why don't you tell us what you really think about it.

    He's okay. Actually, I started the vid, and did some work while it was running.

    I liked it just fine. Like Fred's performance better, but my ears aren't screaming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, you'd probably say the same about some of the stuff I listen to. Music is very subjective and you either love it or hate it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed, Matt. Actually, Taco is not my cup of tea, but it was an okay listen.

    More of a Willie, Strait, Skynyrd, Croce type myself. But, a little Sinatra, or even some Diamond once in a while is cool with me.

    Plus, my 70's teen favorites.

    And, Motown girl groups...Ray Charles, heck...I guess I like just about all music. Some.

    Heavy Metal, and Rap are NOT music, so I can get away with that statement.

    ReplyDelete

Rules of the road:
1. No personal attacks or insults.
2. No accustory statements about wrongdoing or criminal acts against anyone.
3. Say all you want about the pros and cons concerning the candidates and the issues, or the general subject of the blog post, just follow Rule #1 and Rule #2.