Louisiana First Degree Murder
LA R.S. 14:30
A. First degree murder is the killing of a human being:
(1) When the offender has specific intent to kill or to inflict great bodily harm and is engaged in the perpetration or attempted perpetration of aggravated kidnapping, second degree kidnapping, aggravated escape, aggravated arson, aggravated rape, forcible rape, aggravated burglary, armed robbery, drive-by shooting, first degree robbery, simple robbery, or terrorism.
(2) When the offender has a specific intent to kill or to inflict great bodily harm upon a fireman, peace officer, or civilian employee of the Louisiana State Police Crime Laboratory or any other forensic laboratory engaged in the performance of his lawful duties, or when the specific intent to kill or to inflict great bodily harm is directly related to the victim's status as a fireman, peace officer, or civilian employee.
(3) When the offender has a specific intent to kill or to inflict great bodily harm upon more than one person.
(4) When the offender has specific intent to kill or inflict great bodily harm and has offered, has been offered, has given, or has received anything of value for the killing.
(5) When the offender has the specific intent to kill or to inflict great bodily harm upon a victim who is under the age of twelve or sixty-five years of age or older.
(6) When the offender has the specific intent to kill or to inflict great bodily harm while engaged in the distribution, exchange, sale, or purchase, or any attempt thereof, of a controlled dangerous substance listed in Schedules I, II, III, IV, or V of the Uniform Controlled Dangerous Substances Law.
(7) When the offender has specific intent to kill and is engaged in the activities prohibited by R.S. 14:107.1(C)(1).
B. For the purposes of Paragraph A(2) of this Section, the term "peace officer" means any peace officer, as defined in R.S. 40:2402, and includes any constable, marshal, deputy marshal, sheriff, deputy sheriff, local or state policeman, commissioned wildlife enforcement agent, federal law enforcement officer, jail or prison guard, parole officer, probation officer, judge, attorney general, assistant attorney general, attorney general's investigator, district attorney, assistant district attorney, or district attorney's investigator.
C. Whoever commits the crime of first degree murder shall be punished by death or life imprisonment at hard labor without benefit of parole, probation, or suspension of sentence in accordance with the determination of the jury.
Horn Family receiving death threats
Brian Horn's family has received death threats since his arrest. In an effort to let the public know that Horn's family is as sickened as anyone else over the murder, Horn's brother Kevin released the following statement:
"I want to first start by saying on behalf of myself and my family we are deeply sorry for Justin Bloxom's death.
This has been the hardest thing my family and I have had to deal with, but I know it in no way compares to the pain that the Bloxom family is feeling. I'm not asking for sympathy from anyone. I just want the Bloxom family to realize my family and I are trying to do the right thing.
My family and I have deepest sorrow for Justin and his loved ones.
I, Kevin Horn, brought my brother to DeSoto Parish Sheriff's Substation immediately after finding out that Brian was the prime suspect in this heinous crime. Brian will not find any support from us because we do not condone a murderer.
My family and I have been thrown into this nightmare and do not want to believe that this is true, but unfortunately we have to deal with the facts that are in front of us.
Please do not judge our family as we are the ones that brought Brian in and are in no way trying to protect him from justice. He chose his life and now he must pay for the crime he committed."