Sunday, March 7, 2010

Great Blogging in Northwest Louisiana

I haven’t done a blog roundup in a while, and it is about time. Northwest Louisiana has a number of great blogs with a diversity of opinions.
I’ll start today with Pat Austin over at And so it Goes in Shreveport. It’s a conservative blog, prolific and very well written. Pat has also joined in on a cooperative venture, Potluck, with a few other bloggers from all around the country. Check it out.
Now I have an ulterior motive in picking Pat as my first mention today. For the first time in the history of the world, My Bossier has rated higher than And so it Goes in Shreveport in the weekly influence ratings at Blog Net News. This week I’m tied for 5th Place and Pat is LOWER in the ratings. Of course, in the 12 week rating she is #6 and My Bossier is #12, but I am enjoying my moment of glory! It will probably never happen again. If you aren’t signed up for this site you should give it serious consideration. I believe that they have about 60 or 65 Louisiana blogs and each week they rate the top 20. I hope all of our local bloggers will get on board – even if you consistently beat me. Let’s stand up and make Northwest Louisiana be counted!
My newest blogging bud and fellow Bossier Blogger Andy is a really funny guy. He can be serious too, and writes some really good stuff, but his sense of humor keeps me going.
Chicken Fried Gourmet will make your mouth water every time you click onto the site. Great food and recipes with pictures. It is a real credit to our blogging community.
Along the same lines, Savoring Shreveport does restaurant reviews and does them very well.
These two blogs fill a great niche in the area.
While they feed the body, Darrell helps feed our spiritual side at My God’s been Good.
The Opinionated Catholic deals with both the spiritual and temporal, and does it well.
Donna at Opining Online does just that, and I always enjoy that opining. If you haven’t been reading, then start. You will enjoy it too.
Old Captain Salt has one of the newer blogs, The Captain’s Thoughts. If you share his very conservative (somewhere to the right of Atilla the Hun) views, then read him regularly. He’s a friend and knows I’m just kidding, really – it’s okay!
Alena at The Upside of Downs is another friend and blogs about her sweet Riley. This is a heartwarming read anytime and you always feel better when you leave. That is success in blogging.
I find that I seem to share some of Wheeler’s cynicism of some cultural and political institutions, and I always enjoy reading The Norla Blog. He is very much into cycling, running and physical fitness; we could all learn from his dedication to keeping his body (and mind) in top order.
Our radio guy Todd Nixon of KRMD is very entertaining, after all, that is his day job. The only fault I can find with Todd is that he needs to BLOG MORE. C’mon Todd!
Well, that concludes our little roundup. I want to encourage everyone to keep on blogging, and for those readers who have thought of blogging but haven’t started yet, get with it.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shoutout, Jim! I try not to mix politics with food blogging, but just know that although I don't comment often, I am indeed a regular reader. Your blog is thought-provoking, if not hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You initiated my world of blogs. Yours is the best in keeping 'em honest. Keep up the good work. and thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm that's amazing but frankly i have a hard time determining it... I'm wondering what others have to say....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the love Jim. I promise to get back at it very soon. I've had a lot to say, unfortunately not a lot of time to say it.

    Keep up the great work on My Bossier, Jim!

    ReplyDelete

Rules of the road:
1. No personal attacks or insults.
2. No accustory statements about wrongdoing or criminal acts against anyone.
3. Say all you want about the pros and cons concerning the candidates and the issues, or the general subject of the blog post, just follow Rule #1 and Rule #2.