Due to the comments that I have ‘attacked’ Schuyler Marvin, and knowing that although I have criticized at times I have also been supportive at times, I decided to search the archives of My Bossier up to the time of the Sentell arrest and see exactly what I have said. Here are excerpts from blog posts about Schuyler Marvin and his office.
- This blog post about nol-prossed charges in respect to one individual was negative.
- In one I blogged “The Bossier DA has a record of going very, very easy on people who attack or threaten police officers.”
- In another I said “Considering that Schuyler Marvin dropped 3 felony battery charges against someone who committed physical violence cussing out an officer will probably not receive any attention a all.”
- Personally, I have confidence that the DA will do the right thing, either in fully prosecuting the case or in recusing himself.
We'll support him in whichever option he follows.
- A positive note in all this is the effort by DA Marvin to establish the
, which will provide comprehensive aid to all victims of domestic violence. He deserves our thanks for his work on this crucial project. Family Justice Center
- The irony of it is that I believe he has done a good job as DA. If he had an opponent, I would probably be blogging pro-Schuyler.
In this case, however, I have to disagree with him. (In answer to a comment).
- The DA’s influence definitely came into play. I’m not saying that he ‘ran’ Mike Craig in a move to increase his own power base, but it cannot be denied that Schuyler Marvin has some stroke with the voters.
- Everyone involved knew that DA Schuyler Marvin was behind Craig's run. I also find it interesting that his home parish of Webster did not support him in this.
- The District Attorney, born into a politically influential family, is supporting Judge Burchett’s opponent, an assistant DA. The boys are on the attack.
- Bossier-Webster Parish (26th JDC) District Attorney Schuyler Marvin (picture) is unopposed in the election this fall, so he will be the DA for another 6 years.
Three negatives, three positives and 4 ‘neutrals’. Hardly constitutes the vendetta against Marvin that has been portrayed by commenters to the blog. Then again, I’m certain that I’m about to get some more, so bring it on. Don't let the truth stand in your way.